Wednesday, October 9, 2013

2 months and 2 1/2 year stats!

So... lately I feel like I post and IG and facebook all about Addilyn and not both of my kids. Well hopefully my effort to share the camera between the two and the blog updates will become better. I just cant help soak so much in from miss Addi! She is just a dream boat and we couldn't have asked for another sweet baby sweeter than her!

Anywho, here are her 2 month updates:
Weight: 9 lbs 15 ounces (chunkers!)
Inches: 22 1/2
Head: 15
-3-4 every 3 or so hours
-She's laughing!!!!
-Babbling and tons of bubbles coming out of her mouth
-Sleeps from 10pm-7am YEAH BUDDY!



She is obviously growing in leaps and bounds. We can not believe how plump and perfect she is. I can not explain how blessed I' am to see how good Chloe is with her. She is just a doll and is always looking out for her. I was so scared at first that Chloe just being a little over 2 when she was born, was going to be so difficult. I guess my Heavenly Father wanted to rest my prayers when I saw how perfect Chloe was to her and still is.

Chloe is not only a good big sister but she is quite the 2 1/2 year old... Not only does she seem to know how to get into everything that she has never paid attention to, but she has managed to do quite a few things that I never thought my kids (girls) would do. First off we had quite a scare a few weeks back with this bold and brave girl!

Bryan was headed home from work one night and I had just gotten off the phone with him letting him know that Chloe was already put to bed and looking at her books. I had Addi in my arms and all of a sudden got this weird feeling to go check on her. Walked into her room, turned on the light and saw Chloe struggling to swallow something. Her eyes were all watery and she started crying. As soon as she looked at me, I knew exactly what she had swallowed.
Recently in the past few months Chloe has been find push pins that she has ripped out of her window seal that keeps up a blanket to block the sun out and the street lights at night. She had been either bringing them to us or if we saw one fall she would help us look for it. Never in my wildest dreams would I think would she would actually try to eat one!!! She hardly ever put things in her mouth anymore, I thought we were passed that stage, OBVIOUSLY NOT! So of course I'am trying not to cry or freak out nor do I know to let her move because I wanted to make sure it was all the way in her stomach before I picked her up. I'am of course imagining this sharp tack in her body just bouncing around ready to poke something any minute! Every bad thought, scenario (if it wasnt already bad enough) was runnning through my mind. I walked her into our living room had her sit in the chair while I called Bryan back.
"Pretty sure your daughter just swallowed a push pin."
"WHAT!"
"I said, pretty sure your daughter just swallowed a push pin"
"Oh my gosh, you've got to be kidding me..."
Of course I wasnt! Bryan told me to get her ready to take up to the ER and I stay home with Addi. He was only 15 minutes away. I went and grabbed a push pin off her bulletin board to ask her if she had ate it.
"Chloe did you eat this?"
"Eat it!"
"Crap..."
Of course she did! Soo after what seemed like and eternity, Bryan showed up and ran her to the car to head to the ER. Okay, now this is where I shorten the story :) They got to the hospital, waited and waited, finally got in and ran an X-ray on her which Bryan and the doctor had to hold her down to do. Found out that she did INDEED swallow a push pin, they weren't worried at all unless in 3-4 days it did come out in her diaper... Surprising right? We had to just wait it out, give her tons of fiber to make sure her diapers would be too soft (sorry TMI) but this was too important to me to act all grossed out by now. Anyway... 3 1/2 days later, she popped out the push pin THANK GOODNESS and was back to her normal self just filled with food.
Soo obviously this has been the worst so far, but she has managed to climb into her dresser drawers pull all the clothes out in each one except the very top one and magically knock everything off the top it. We still cant figure that one out and pray that she doesn't pull it ever ontop of her. This is a  huge heavy dresser for a master bedroom that she has. Just a tad scary. Anywho, we are getting our fill of daily tantrums that we just walk out of the room from, more words that we ever thought, and looks that just make us want to hide our faces and laugh because they are so grown up.

She also is:
-Almost ready to potty train... yay...
-Putting sounds together with her words and walking around the house doing her letter sounds
-Getting great at actually pronouncing her words
-Enjoying learning, and doing her numbers/ABC's
-Pretend cooking
-Helping me clean! THANK GOODNESS! I love an extra set of hands :)
AND so much more!

I couldn't be more happy than to be at home with these two little ones. They are truly my everything and words cannot explain how much I love them. It continues to grow each and everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment